Business Plan 2017-18
"In 2017/18 we see Vestia embark on a new chapter in its development as we support the Group and Fusion partners to respond to new challenges in the external environment.
Following our success in developing new models of working with families based on assertive early help and person centred key worker approaches, we will support WFCH colleagues to share and transfer this learning in the re-design of their Housing Management service.
In addition we will jointly use the learning from the recent Homeshare pilot to develop new models and solutions to meet future housing needs and maximise use of the housing stock. Our Vestia Training and Employment Services continue to grow in size and reputation and in 2017/18 we will:
- Continue to deliver efficient learning and development solutions for the Group. Key priorities will be the skills training we will provide to achieve the Groups Digital Transformation Strategy, support the new Governance structure and business expansion plans.
- Broaden Apprenticeships and ensure the new national framework of funding apprentices is implemented throughout the Group.
- Identify opportunities to work with Fusion and our collective supply chain partners to explore efficiency savings through joint procurement and delivery of training solutions.
- Successfully act as Fusion lead provider and manage £3m+ European Social Funding to deliver national Building Better Opportunities employment and social inclusion contracts
- Through Fusion become a provider with the Work and Health programme and improve the lives of our working age tenants and protect rental income from the impact of welfare reform.
Throughout the year, we will further support WFCH and other Housing Partners through Fusion, in delivery of their Landlord role by developing products and services and securing new funding streams as part of a ‘Home, Health & Employment’ agenda – improving lives, empowering individuals, families and communities to create their own futures.
As ever we will retain our focus on innovation, efficiency and collaborative working with partners, commissioners and stakeholders and seek and secure new business opportunities around a ‘Home, Health & Employment’ agenda”
David Chantler OBE
The Community Housing Group and subsidiary companies share the same strategic goals and have adopted a Group Mission, Vision & Value statement. This business plan demonstrates how we will achieve our goals and targets.