Vestia Board Members
The Board ensures that the work of Vestia is relevant locally and responds to changing national priorities and policy.
Our Board, Partners and Employees work together as a team to support each other and maximise the benefits for our 'customers'.
As Vestia develops and takes on new challenges, it is important that we continue to strengthen and develop these relationships.
Set out below are details of the Board Members.
Liz Heaven - Chair
Liz has been a Board Member with TCHG for 7 years. Her background experience comprises a career in the social care sector, principally in social work and in a variety of learning and development roles. Most recently, prior to becoming self employed, she worked for the national sector skills council for social care - Skills for Care. Her role as Manager for the Midlands area- encompassing the whole of the East and West Midlands- gave her considerable managerial, financial and strategic responsibility, with a focus on improving the quality of social care services.
Since 2013 Liz has worked on a freelance basis for a not-for-profit organisation operating in the fields of social care; third sector charities and public sector institutions. The organisation provides a bespoke learning and development service and supports organisational development and quality improvement through a range of consultancy services, including bespoke audit and assurance commissions.
Liz's Professional qualifications include:
- Qualified and registered social worker
- Degree and Msc in Social Sciences
- Post graduate qualifications in:
- Health and social services management
- Teaching and learning
- Coaching and mentoring
- Programme and project management
- Graduate of the Institute of Personnel Management
- Prince 2 accredited - Foundation and Practitioner levels
- Strategic thinking and analysis
- Programme and project management for business development and assurance
- Occupationally current professional experience in social care and health - including a robust understanding of the legislative, regulatory and policy drivers relating to the sector
Paul qualified as an accountant (CIPFA) in 1986 having spent his career up to that date working in the NHS and Local Government. Shortly after qualifying, he moved to KPMG, working in the public and not for profit sectors as an internal and external audit manager with occasional consultancy assignments (5 years).
Paul then moved to the Further Education Funding Council (5 years) and from there onto Oxford Brookes University where he has worked since 1997, initially as Director of Finance and Legal Services (11 years) and then as Registrar and Chief Operating Officer, including Clerk to the Board (7 years). After stepping down as Registrar and Chief Operating Officer in April 2016 Pau worked part-time for the University as Director of Infrastructure Investment. He retired from the University at the end of 2017.
Since retiring Paul has continued to provide advice and support to a range of Universities.
- Strategy development, planning and implementation;
- Financial strategy and management; Debt management, including private placement;
- Audit, Risk management and assurance;
- Project leadership, management and governance - including effectiveness governance review
Andrew is a professional company director, non-executive director and chair with 30 years of diverse private and public sector management and director experience.
Andrew trained initially in FMCG brand management marketing and advertising. Subsequently he founded a specialised retail design and manufacturing group which he headed as a hands on MD for 19 years. He now combines work as a professional NED and charity trustee with running a property and innovation consultancy business.
Andrew's NED experience over the last 10 years includes roles as diverse as Chair of Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust; Chair of Sandwell Arts Trust and of Sandwell Leisure Trust; trustee of the Black Country Living Museum; and NED at The Community Housing Group and Oakleaf Commercial Services.
Andrew has a particular interest in the natural and built environment which combines with his experience in design and an enthusiasm for history. He also has a strong commitment to social inclusion and in particular to the care of those with mental health issues.
- Strategy - including strategic analysis and challenge
- Corporate governance - including managing boards, balancing support with challenge; risk management; health and safety management both practical and strategic; financial scrutiny; HR and legals.